There are a number of different types of events that can be hosted in our range of Bar Venues.??
For instance, a Bar Night is a closed event?for specific attendees that utilise?the bar for the sale of?drinks and/or food. These events are usually held in?The?Union Bar, but in the case of?70+ people?Metric?or?Reynolds Bar?can be used.??
An entertainment event utilises entertainment as its main selling point e.g. Club Night, Band Night, Talent Show, Comedy etc.?
These events?are a great?way for members of a club,?society or?project to get to know each other.??
How to book an event in one of our venues:
- Choose a venue, time and date for your bar night.?
- Submit a?booking request form?at least?3 weeks?in advance.??
- Submit an activity request via the Student Activities team including a risk assessment for any risk assessable activity.?
- Receive an event sheet from the Events Operations Coordinator in Beit Bars.?
- Agree to booking and terms and conditions in writing.??
- If external guests are present, submit guest list 3 days prior to event date.?
- Host your event?
Upon request, drinks vouchers can be issued to the club,?society or project as part of their bar night booking. These can be used by attendees at the event in exchange for a drink.?
The value of individual drinks vouchers can be chosen between ?4.00 and ?5.00. However, the Union recommends the standard value of ?4 as this covers most drink prices except doubles, shots and cocktails.?
The monetary value spent with the vouchers will be charged directly to the student groups’ account.?
If drinks vouchers are requested these will be available for collection from a Duty Bar Manager at the beginning of the event.?
Bar Nights do not incur a room hire fee nor are they subject to a minimum bar spend.?
Terms & Conditions?
For full terms and conditions about bar nights and drinks vouchers please visit?Our Policies.?
If you would like more information about running a bar night read our?Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?or?get in touch with?the Event Operations Coordinator.?