Black History Month?is an annual commemoration of Black people, celebrating their achievements and their cultural contributions.?As well as being a celebration it is a reminder of the history of Black people and the repression they have faced.??
The theme for this year's Black History Month in the UK is Proud To Be - check out the official UK Black History Month website here :
We encourage you to read through some of the resources on the site to learn more about what Black History Month represents, and the ways different people and organisations are marking Black History Month, and carrying the importance of this month into the rest of the year. In line with the 'Proud To Be' theme, this year Imperial College Union are interpreting Black History Month as a celebration of Black culture and achievement, and are focusing on Black figures from the past within STEM, as well as the promotion of relevant, exciting events in and around the Union.
Black History Month at Imperial
- Black History Month blog series, part 3: Dr. Alexa Canady | Imperial College Union
- Black History Month blog series, part 2: Dr. Ernest Everett Just?| Imperial College Union
- Black History Month blog series, part 1: Dr. Marie Maynard Daly | Imperial College Union
- Black History Month film screening: Mangrove (21 October) | Imperial College Union
- Black History Month 2021 Reading List?| Imperial As One
- LinkedIn #BlackToTheFuture Series | Imperial College London
- Coffee Morning: Ethnicity Pay Gap at Imperial (18 October) | Imperial As One
- Webinar: A Black History Month Celebration and The Black Future Leaders Scholarship (22 October) | Imperial College Business School
- Alumni Spotlight: Ambassador Yvette Stevens (26 October)| Imperial College London
- Webinar: Proud to be - IMPACT edition (27 October) | Imperial College Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Centre
- James Barnor - Accra/London - A Retrospective (on until 24 October) | Serpentine Galleries